How not to be an asshole: a guide to being an adult in real life and on the internet
- Understand that people will have different opinions than you.
- Expect that - from time to time - people will express these opinions.
- Know that you may feel strongly, or not, about the difference between those expressed opinions and your own.
- Keep your mouth shut unless specifically asked for your opinion, in which case:
- Still keep your mouth shut. Expressing your opinion will no more change someone else’s mind than the expression of someone else’s opinion changed yours.